Skip to main content

Reply to "How Big a Boy Are Ya?"

Originally Posted by roothog66:

Originally Posted by Suds:
LOL. He is 7.  My 6'3" 190 lb. 17 year old was no where near the biggest as a 7 year old.  last I checked 4 of the 5 kids who were the "studs" aka biggest from back then no longer play baseball.  They all peaked in 8th grade.

Worry about his size when he starts to shave compared to the other kids that don't shave

On the otherhand, my 6' 3" / 180 lb 14 yo (turns 15 in April) has, from day one been off the charts (99+ percentile). His first shoe was a size 2 (even as a toddler he was never in toddler shoes). He now has a size 15 shoe and they're too small. I'm only 5' 10 1/2" (yeah, I count the 1/2"). However, my father-in-law is 6' 10".

Nice job root you married wisely!  And we do all like the out of the norm stories but in reality the bigger kids when they are younger remain the bigger kids when they are older.  I was just dropping by this thread don't really have that big of a rooting interest one way or another so please don't pepper me now with the tired old stories about the 6 foot 6th grader who is now a 6 foot hs senior.  Those are the exceptions people!!!