Skip to main content

Reply to "How Big a Boy Are Ya?"

Originally Posted by RedFishFool:
Originally Posted by GHHS-2016LHP:
Originally Posted by roothog66:
I'm only 5' 10 1/2" (yeah, I count the 1/2"). However, my father-in-law is 6' 10".

I hear you.  I'm 5'11" and mine is just over 6'3"/220 (but he's 17) and will probably end up 6'4"/230-235.  Almost without exception, every time we encounter a scout or recruiter I get the "Seriously, you're the dad?" look. I give the same explanation as you....the wife's side is tall.  Cracks me up every time.

I'm 5'9". My son is 17 and is 6'3", 215.  The scouts ask me the same question. I look them straight in the eye and "dead pan" "What exactly do you mean by that?". Room goes silent and then I grin!  My dad was tall but my mom was 5"0" and my wife's family is tall but it sure gets them until they can tell that I'm kidding.

This is too funny. My husband is 5'10 and I am 5'2". Son at 17 was heads above the rest at 6'3+ in cleats he looks massive compared to others.  Because of his long legs and very long arms, he actually appears to be much taller. he actually stopped growing and is just under 6'4".

Everyone from scouts to college coaches who met us would ask where he got his height. My husband always told them he was adopted,  then everyone would crack up laughing. My husband is also a lefty, so that became a big joke as well.

Honestly, my kids get their height genes from my side of the family!  No one believes it but it is true.

Jack,

I am sorry, just cant believe that someone would come here with a post about their 7 years olds height and where they fit into the national average.

I suggest that you get yourself a hobby because you have a really really long way to do until your son "grows".  It is meaningless at this time.