Skip to main content

Reply to "How big of deal?"

I would like to re-post a letter I wrote to the recruiting board on November 23, that best describes what a big deal it was for us.

Repost:

Dear members of HSBB Web,

This message is from a long time watcher of this board and one who felt the need to say thank you.

I just wanted to write a letter to all of you on this recruiting message board to let you know how grateful I am for all the input and information you allowed me to read about all of your experiences, heartaches, and many joys that were brought to you by the recruiting process.

I started the recruiting process after my son’s junior year in HS. I followed every step from the beginning that the owner of this website recommended. Many letters, paperwork, phone calls ect..

It has been one tremendous process going through the recruiting stages. It has been something I will cherish for the rest of my life.

As many of you know here in California we are a hot bed of baseball talent and our local colleges have hundreds if not thousands of kids to choose from. After sending out over 35 bio's and introductory letters and e-mailing coaches around the country for months to stay in contact, my son received a few serious interests from colleges ranging from D1 to NAIA.

However, at this time nothing we call "serious" ever developed until last week before the deadline.

All of a sudden the calls were coming in strong along with requested visits. Unknowingly, one of the schools of my sons choice (Top Three) had tons of interest and we did not even know it.

I am extremely happy to report that my son DID commit to the school of HIS choice on the last day of the deadline along with a scholarship.

Again, as I said in this post I followed EVERYTHING from this board and took to heart all your posts and experiences. Without all of you I don't think I could have done this.

A lot of you have experienced my ups and downs yourselves and I felt it along with you.

I will be a member of HSBB web forever. However, next year I will be reading from the "College Baseball" board. Then back again for my next son.

The information you have all provided me has given me the experience to teach friends how to do the recruiting process a bit easier.

For my next son it will take me about an hour as I feel I am now an expert.

I am the proudest father on the planet and I have all of you to thank.

My most sincere and best wishes for all of you as in some way you are almost family.

I will still be checking on everyone on this board only now it may only be 20-30 times a day.

Best Wishes

CaliBBdad