Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you add velocity?"

Poosey said "I consider "solid advice" that which is built on the basis of scientific citation"

Ok so how about some "scientific citation" here. Tell us all where it is that this "scientific" discovery was made..how it is unimportant to prepare the body for the force necessary to go beyond "full effort" and how not doing it is a healthy thing to do. Or is it because you said said so...is that to be considered "solid advice"?

I don't completely disagree that determined effort can develop a temporary increase in velocity, but if the shoulder and elbow aren't prepared and able to sustain it, logic would say that it is possibly injurious.
If it were just so simple then many more kids would be throwing much faster..I don't believe that they just stop and say.."I'm throwing fast enough..I won't try to throw harder now"..just a little absurd to think that IMO (Testifyed by the hundreds of postings all over the pitching internet with the exact same question)..mechanics limit, yes strength limits, conditioning limits...and coaching limits.