Skip to main content

Reply to "how do you determine what round you think you will go in the draft asked by scouts"

Hey Big, we both have the same feelings about this decision and while both son's were making this decision we talked on numerous occasions. This wasn't our decision to make, we as parents provided our inputs to our son but this was his decision. We as parents wanted our son to get his Education and this is why we fought so hard for the amount of MLB scholarship monies included in his bonus. Our son after rookie ball came home and took some classes at a local community college and during his next offseason will enroll again. He knew how much we wanted him to get his Degree and we feel he will accomplish this on his terms. As for his signing bonus he has only purchased a vehicle and the rest has been invested wisely by a relative who works for a New York firm. This investment has already made money for him and should continue for years to come. Presently I will say he is at Low A and only expense he presently has is his rent and is able to save a good portion of his salary. I will say though that as parents we are helping him out which we would've done had he gone to school. I can only say that this decision has to be made that your son is ready for the tough life of living on the road and being on his own. He has been in Low A for the past 2 months and wife and I have been out to visit him and just the smile on his face tells you that he made the correct decision and we as his parents support this and are happy he has. I wish all of you the best with this decision and good luck......