Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you guys do it?"

Sounds like an enormous amount of preseason work for a 12 y/o, this early, in WA state. When does your boys season start, mid April? Would hope that your bunch has the best of coaches & is very well managed, otherwise by June & July, usually going to have several parties at each others throats.

For comparison, my youngest's ball season begins tournaments in early March. The team currently has quite a few playing hoops or wrestling for the schools. Preseason ball workouts have been limited to weekly team batting practices. On the side, have maybe half the team who have started in with their hitting coachs & several of our pitchers heve started workouts. Only field work so far has been very relaxed by a few players w dad's on the rare 65-70 degree day. At 12, my youngest's team had 8 pitchers, have 8 again this year & we really watch out for these boys arms. Will just throw it out to you, but with our climate, have found late Jan as optimal for getting the boys back in the routine.

In closing, Wklink, I'm sure someone will come on here & rip your boy's team starting before March, along with any 12 year old playing more than 20 games in a Spring season. Very sad, there is such close mindedness. Have to take into account, not every regions 11 or 12 year old team is set up like it was with their player at that age. Locally our boys don't play 60-90 till they are 8th graders, & there is a lot of development on the 50-70 & 54-80 fields.
Last edited by journey2