Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you guys do it?"

On a recent road trip to go to a “Junior Day”, my son and I had some windshield time. I asked him if there was anything that he would have had me do differently in regards to his atheltic’s. He knocked my socks with his answer “push me a little harder”…I laughed….he asked why….Told him my answer of what I do different, would be that I pushed to hard, tried to get him to work too hard to early/young. In hindsight I would have not taken the ages out 7-12 years old as serious as I did. I would have spent more time enjoying the time. I would not have worried about him as much leading up to high school. ( Things have gone much better since I found this Website…it really has helped me put things in perspective…listening to people that have been though it.)

I am fortunate that despite of my missteps, he is a very good student and a kid that looks like he is going to get a chance to live his dream and get to play D-1 ball. At the end of the day…..he has been able to figure it all out. So my advice…..provide the opportunity, the guidance and the support, but listen to your son,…he will let you know if it is too much…you just have to listen carefully.