Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you help?"

quote:
It is a great feeling to know you are being prayed for and it also brings comfort to the one offering the prayer

Redhead, That's an excellent point. I am a person that likes sending little thoughts/packages to people I care about to begin with, but for our kids that go away to college regardless of athletics involved, it's great for them to have a feeling they haven't been forgotten and that a part of their life continues the same.... mom/dad still love me and they care about me.

I sent my son a coin last spring with a verse on it and told him to keep it in his pocket as a reminder that God was always with him, as was my support, as he makes his way into adulthood.

I also asked him if he made prayer a part of his life anymore. He responded "no" and that "I guess I felt you were doing enough for us both". Prayer is comforting and if it's been a part of a young man's life, remind him to continue during this period of adjustment and challenge.

FO - That's sooooo very true also!! My son did take 15 hrs the fall semester of JUCO, but that was a different academic scene than where he is now. Tried to stay at 16 hrs this past fall, but had to drop one. Carrying the load that some of his non athlete friends would carry is very difficult for some.... especially if they haven't been a great student in the classroom to begin with (my son!).