Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you help?"

The stress of a college kid is way different than an adults---don't forget, they are trying to figure out who they are--and what their purpose in life is....and trying to figure out just what life is.

Add to that the stress of wondering if they are in the right major, if they will be able to get a job and have a career with that major and support themselves with it...

Add to that the stress of baseball (or other sport)--if they can make the team and if so, will they play. Sometimes it's not about talent...

Add to that the stress of what's going on in the world today--if there will even BE a world for them. And if so, what it will look like...

If we look at this and pooh-pooh their stress, keep in mind that we are looking at them through eyes with maturity, experience, and wisdom.

They don't have much of it yet.

This is a different world than the one that I grew up in. And I grew up in the Age of Aquarius. The internet, alone, is scary--with everything that is available on it.

I agree--the only thing we can do is be supportive, love them, and pray. At least that's what I'm doing.

Bordeaux, you and the Stanford community are in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know.
Last edited by play baseball