Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you score this?"

quote:
Originally posted by luv baseball:
10.09(b) SAC assuming SK believes the play could have been made successfully on BR at 1B with ordinary effort. If not 1B.

Careful luv, the situation is HS ball, not pro ball. LOL!

For me, taking into account only the information given, I score it a hit and head to the parking lot. Of course it may have been that two-ton-Tony who runs an 11 second 40 dropped the bunt, and in that case I’d likely mark it a sac bunt. But chances are, both R5 and R3 are crashing with the only intention to keep the runner from scoring. In that case, had the ball been fielded, an FC may be more in order, but since the umpire was the one who picked up the ball and the defense never touched it, to me the kid is gonna get a hit. Wink

NFHS Rule 2-31 SACRIFICE
A sacrifice is a bunt which enables any runner to advance, or a fly ball( sacrifice fly) which enables a runner to score. In either case, the result is the batter-runner being put out before he reaches first base, or would have resulted in his being put out if the batted ball had been fielded without error, and provided two were not out when the ball was hit.