Skip to main content

Reply to "How does a HS player know if he is a potential pick? Here's an example."

A Legion teammate of mine became a pitcher senior year due to graduation depleting his high school’s pitching staff. Until then he was a very good high school and Legion catcher with a cannon for an arm and a bat that was acceptable. He was headed for a mid major. He was below then radar with pro scouts.

Senior year the scouts were at the section championship to watch the other pitcher. The scouted player’s older brother was already drafted two years previous. My former teammate outperformed the prospect. They were drafted by the same team out of high school. They both made it to AAA. 

A former LL teammate was a catcher until senior year. He was headed for the SEC. He became a pitcher mid senior year due to injuries to the pitching staff. He was switched to a pitching recruit for college. He was on the mound to clinch in ALCS. As younger adults he would tease me asking how exciting it was for me to be on the mound in a LL state championship clincher.

Last edited by RJM