Skip to main content

Reply to "How does Perfect game Rank there players?"

CaCO3Girl posted:
GaryMe posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:
PABaseball posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:
PABaseball posted:

I'm not sure the score matters much. There are plenty of 8.5 and 9s that will not receive a single offer. If you're going for a score I'd say you're doing it for the wrong reasons. 

Image result for Juco baseball

I don't know what this means

JUCO

High on JUCO ball lately in your posts, eh?

I am....thanks for noticing 

You are making a smart decision by looking hard at the JUCO route.  What I'm about to say will not be a popular opinion on this board - but it is true nonetheless.  MOST 18 year old kids ARE NOT ready for a 4 year program.  They ALL think they are - but they are not.  Most parents don't know enough to know any better.  But only 10% or so of freshman that go to a 4 yr program straight out of HS make an impact on the program as a freshman - or even as sophomores.  JUCO gives a kid an adjustment period to learn how to be a college athlete and a college student - and they get playing time instead of bench time so they get better.   JUCOs are not full of kids that have bad grades and JUCOs are not all academically inferior.  JUCO is a great bridge between HS and a 4 year program, and if you do your homework up front on the academics you don't lose anything.  And the quality of baseball is way better than most people think.  Some programs are better than others, but if you do your research you can find the good ones - and you can probably find one that is a good fit.  Not to mention the fact that they are very affordable, and if a scholarship is involved they present a way to get 2 years of college out of the way for next to nothing.  JUCOs are a fiscally responsible and a very practical option for a lot of families.