Skip to main content

Reply to "How does this really work?"

FO,
Excellent answer!
applaude

As far as books, I do believe if that is all that is offered, some schools have funds that cover it, not even cutting into the 11.7.

OS,
I have told this story before, son was offered an in state offer of 98%. Son earned his tuition to be paid by our state scholarship program, books were on the house as were meals for baseball season. All that was really involved was them paying the cost of 97% of his room,and meal plan for one semester. For an in state student, it doesn't break the bank. Considering their budget probably falls well into over 200K, I didn't consider it a very lucrative offer, less out of our pocket, but less invested in him. the point I am making that 98%, was NOT almost 1 of the 11.7. That's a personal decision. It's confusing but if you look at it dollar wise, not in percentages, it makes more sense.
I suggest when offered a percentage to find out exactly what that percentage translates into dollars and "sense" for you. What is covered. Also how does that translate into the next year when son decides to live off campus. Do know that many schools just give a stipend. You don't have to ask the coach, call up the school to find out exactly what costs are involved for yearly fees (like medical fees, licensing fees for website, lab fees). Call the scholarship office to see what they allow after freshman year. Not all coaches are aware of all those little incidentals.
Last edited by TPM