Skip to main content

Reply to "How does this really work?"

(By the way, not all states offer a "relaxation" of out-of-state tuition like that mentioned earlier by TigerPawMom. It varies from state to state.)

Prepster,
I was not referring to son's scholarhip at CU, but to one that was offered here in Florida. I do not know what our in state schools offer for out of state students. Sorry for the confusion. Smile

"Even though a "full scholarship," by definition, exceeds the costs for in-state students, my strong impression is that most DI coaches at state-supported universities generally "low ball" their scholarship offers to in-state students, reserving a disproportionate amount of their scholarship budget for out-of-state players".

This is what we believed happened in the scenerio I stated in post. I figured out his 98% would have cost them in reality 2K out of their budget, probably in reality to his budget maybe .2.

Coach Merc,
Some people say the dollar amount is better, but you are correct, getting the NLI that gives a percentage will work best in one's favor.
Again if a coach offers let's say a 50% scholarship, don't feel badly that he has used up a large portion of the 11.7. In reality it may just be a samller fraction of the total.

All parents should concern themselves with is what their bottom $ line will be, not using up part of the 11.7.
Last edited by TPM