Skip to main content

Reply to "How does this really work?"

So, from what I have read so far, I would find it hard for a "certain out-of-state" university to defray much of the $40,000 annual cost to a parent of a player, assuming he is again for illustrative purposes, one of 30.

If the player is a blue-chipper, why would the coach offer more?

If the coach gave the kid 50%, the parents fork out $20,000. In the big major "in-state school", the coach can offer a higher percentage if need be of a lower rate?

Prepster quoted this............
Here is how a DI head coach described it to me:

The NCAA defines a "full scholarship" as the cost of tuition, fees, housing, meals, and books for an "average student" at each school. Therefore, at state-supported universities, a "full scholarship" is determined by the weighted average of those costs spread across the entire student body. That causes it to be reflective of the proportions of in-state and out-of-state students and the relative difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition.

Based on that, I guess you wait for the dollar offer, but, the point of my post was to start paring down the schools interested in my kid.

I have no problem with paying my fair share. Having 4 kids, I am conditioned to it, but I want to maximize the situation.

I hope all the boys have a goal of taking their shot at MLB.............the process seems easier.............go to college later!