Skip to main content

Reply to "How does your team lower the axe?"

P-Dog....interesting, on another post about cuts I have that same situation. I was thinking about doing exactly what you said.

Everyplace I played posted a list. That is what I do also. I try to post it in the evening on a school night, or early in the morning and tell the kids they can come see it when no one else is around if they want to. I found posting it right after school may force a player to be standing around with 20 other friends/players and have to have all those people see his pain.

Before I post the list, I tell all the players that after cuts, anyone who is cut the next day can call me or come meet with me privately so I can tell them why they were cut and what they needed to work on. I always encourage them to try again.

I really think that this is the best way to do it. One year the Athletic secretary begged me not to do it that way cause she hated seeing the kids who were so upset. We agreed to have an envelope ready for every kid after school telling whether he made it or not. It seemed to work great, until I went outside the back door next to the AD's office and found about 40 envelopes and letters crumbled up on the sidewalk! I had to clean it all up.
Last edited by TCB1