Skip to main content

Reply to "How fast does a LHP really need to throw to play D1 or D3?"

If you all go back and read, I said that most top tier schools that I have seen, the LHP are high velocity guys.
I also said it depends on the programs philosophy.
I also never said a lower velo lefty guy can't play D1 ball, I was giving my perception as to what I have seen, at most games I have attended.
East coast baseball is a lot different than that played in the west, pitching dominates where out west hitting dominates.
It was mentioned that a guy pitching 78 at FSU who was very good, I asked who, because I never saw a lefty at FSU throw 78, or any other top tier baseball program out this way. I am talking the top tier of the conferences.
As far as leaving out the BS BHD,, I agree, why are you linking stuff 5 years ago, and why are we now comparing MLB players to college guys.
There was no reason to bring up a MLB guy in this situation, the player is looking to go to school and get a degree, I never saw anything mentioned about going beyond that.
If you all go back to the original post, monster was asking a question and being very realistic in his topic, his priority is academics, and advice given to him should be as to what he is looking for not what any of us thinks he should b elooking for. He was already challenged to as to why he just is looking into Ivy schools. Ridiculous.
As far as Play9's comments about no offers, I can definetly relate to what he is saying, if he is concentrating on the top programs here as a LHP(with average grades) at that velo, it might not happen, you have to be closer to 90. His best interest would be the mid D1's here or as Floridafan suggests, JUCO. Not sure what he is looking for, but you won't find it here, go out and do your homework.
The best advice for both players is to get out and be seen by those schools you are interested in either be it academics or for the baseball program.