Skip to main content

Reply to "how hard do I have to throw to go D1"

FWP posted:
younggun posted:

I'm betting it will be down to 16 before 50% are 90+.

Are you you talking about teams or individual staffs?  There is no way it gets to 16 before you see a 90+ arm as a starter. It may be that deep before you see 50% of the entire staff at 90%. But I guarantee you that almost every team that makes the tournament has at least 1 guy that is 90+. Im not trying to be argumentative and I have nothing to backup my assertion other than what I've seen with my own eyes. Every SEC team we have faced has had multiple 90+ arms. Most of the midweek teams have flashed a 90+ guy. Maybe you are talking about a different level. I have not watched anything other than D1 baseball. But unless the stadium scoreboards are off or ESPN is off, most all D1 (at least here in the south) schools have at minimum one 90+ arm. Just my observations. 

I can't speak for noname but the way I read that was 50% of all pitchers in all games.  Not 50% of teams will have at least one guy who throws 90. It would be good for him to come back and clear that up!

That's right 50 % of the pitchers on the teams. Both teams combined, So if we see 5 kids in a game total and 2 throw 90 that doesn't count, and it counts what is shown on TV, not PG numbers.