Skip to main content

Reply to "how hard should i be throwing?"

Dingerswag1223 posted:

Alright everyone, please disregard what I said. I'm new to this site (if I seem uneducated about it there's why), but I'll be a freshman in the spring, and I'm 15 until next July. Yes, my parents held me back before elementary school so I do have a summer birthday in 2001. I really was trying to say in reply to the original post, "don't worry about velocity-and-nothing-but-velocity," but I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Maybe I should find a new site since I'm only a teen. Sorry for creating a stir

Dinger, I'm a parent of a 2020 and I think you have a great attitude.  Players that focus on velo only are the people in ten years that say "I could have been someone but I stupidly blew my arm out".  I think you were trying to say that you have to be a well rounded player and you are right.

To RJM's point, it IS velo that will eventually snag the attention of college coaches but as a 2020 you have time for that.  While there is some early recruiting going on there is also recruiting of 2017's (seniors) going on.  Nothing is set in stone until you graduate, and even then I have heard of some shuffling during that summer. 

Please stick around this site, you can learn a lot, and it's also nice for us parents to get the players perspective now and then on what's really happening in high school.