Skip to main content

Reply to "How hard to push vs.baseball burnout"

This thread read like a novel, and I was hoping for a happy/smart ending. You got a lot of good "parenting" advice, my only add (being a physical therapist) is that tendonitis is an overuse issue so shut him down and don't force him to do t-band work. T-band work will only add to the overuse issue. Since you've already shut him down, just make sure you bring him back SLOWLY and work on mechanics, mechanics, mechanics. It's not even out of the question you don't have him pitch for a season or two while he works on his mechanics. There really is no rush, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Really great thread and I wish you the best of luck!

quote:
Originally posted by Baseballmom323:
As a new member and a mom just starting this journey I am so glad I found this website/board.I wanted to update a bit since my original post. I had my sons pitching evaluated by a former highschool coach. He says he is "flying out" which is putting pressure on his elbow. Instead of drawing strength from his core he is trying to gain all the strength with his arm. I hope I said that correctly. We have decided to shut him down/no throwing through mid January and then he is going to start a throwing program and work on his mechanics to get ready for the season. Other than that evaluation I really have not mentioned baseball. Funny thing today when he walked in from school first thing he said to his dad was can we go hit. Dad takes him and throws to him at the LL diamonds.