Skip to main content

Reply to "How is your son's Fall 2020 College Baseball going?"

Covid boogeyman got my son. Got a fever, stopped up sinuses. Called in sick to a workout, the PPE police came and got him, tested him and he was positive. Put him in the paddy wagon and took him off campus and locked him in a one room apartment.  Was threatened to not leave the room for 10 days. Had food delivered to outside his door. Fever went away in about two days.  Dad diagnosed as same shit he gets every year. Team doctor called and talked me through their protocols. Doctors "other" job is over the ICU at a 450 bed hospital where they have been treating Covid patients this year.

Son has been back in his dorm for about three days. He may have been released to workout/go to small groups today, not sure. They did EKG, Echocardiagram on him yesterday and compared to baseline from his incoming physical. He said they will slowly let him ramp up physical activity through the weekend, then back to normal.

His three roommates tested negative. They got a 14 day quarantine in their dorm room.

Almost all classes are online for baseball players (at least underclassmen). They get temp tested everyday, get a wristband that allows them to enter buildings/cafeteria. Locker room still closed.  They dress in the suites. Small group workouts in the gym, on the field (usually by dorm room/apartment).

So a couple week setback to son on throwing program.  Has yet to be on a mound for a bullpen.

Biggest plus was the boredom forced him to take my phone calls, he would stay on the phone a long time.  No TV in the room. Just his laptop.