Skip to main content

Reply to "How long"

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:
Joe West is a perfect example of how MLB lets its umpires do just about whatever they want. His was not incidental contact; it was multiple shoves. And maybe he was fined, but why wasn't he suspended like a player would be automatically?

The point is that MLB does discipline umpires as Jimmy has pointed out previously.....its just that MLB does not publicly announce the penalty on umpires for their own reasons....(you and I might not agree about that, but it is what it is)

Umpires can and do get suspended for actions like this....MLB Umpire Mike Winters was suspended by Major League Baseball for the remainder of the regular season a few years ago because of a confrontation with San Diego's Milton Bradley....(and that was very publically announced)

It happens we just dont often hear about it....should JW be disciplined for this recent incident?....yes, I'd probably say so....just because I know if it was me in any of my leagues or chapters I would be......But Im not a MLB umpire....they have differing standards and take a whole lot more abuse than I do.
Last edited by piaa_ump