Skip to main content

Reply to "How Long to Wait on Schools?"

I have to tell you , and maybe it’s me but the one thing I am seeing this summer in all this craziness is that the “market” is very different than any other year. I’m seeing kids that last fall were thought of as definite D1(Non P5) or D2 kids that aren’t committed. I’m talking about legit kids with talent (and grades) that have zero offers or anything. I’m wondering if many of them will even play D3, which I guess depends on the program. I talked with a number of former players (d1/2 type guys) of mine and asked them if you were in this spot what would you do? The overwhelming response was “I probably would have stopped and not played.” 

I think everyone has gotten pushed back a notch. On our team we have 4 legit college D1/2 type kids and none of them are anyplace. In our case I’m even wondering if my ‘21 will play. After last fall I would never have thought this would be the case. He’s very well rated by independent , college and mlb sources and we are at nada! We here “logjam” an awful lot during calls and texts.

I guess my theme here is if you have a ‘21 and you have an offer I’d take it , as long as the school is in the ball park of being a fit. I just don’t see the amount of slots available as most years. Especially for a position player. The NCAA took a huge dump on the ‘21 class and a lot of very good players are going to end up not playing past HS in many cases.