Skip to main content

Reply to "How Long to Wait on Schools?"

Some more info. He is in the middle of a massive growth spurt. 5 inches and 30 lbs since the New Year. He's now 6'1 and has been up to 89 in 4 of 5 outings so far this summer and is extremely raw. No pitching instructor, and really is not filled out at all. Good shape, but not college athlete shape. 

He sent video out for the first time to college coaches three weeks ago and there's been a lot of responses. The P5s expressed interest, but want to see it live. The mid majors are talking offers and driving down to campus for us to look around on our own and then meet up off campus at the end.

His older brother plays at a P5 who is interested in him but the coaches cannot even get back to their offices to grab their radar guns as the entire campus is shut down. They want to see live, which I can't blame them for. 

I have no issue with him going to a mid major, he gets to choose his school within reason. Truth be told some of the mid majors are better academically than the P5s interested. But I feel that 89 will be higher come September into next year. He's only had 5 outings since August 1 of 2019. No fall and spring was cancelled.