Skip to main content

Reply to "How many players is too much on Fall Rosters?"

I think Vitello is on the right track. When he came to UT the place was a mess.   He was the RC at Arkansas correct?   My oldest played at Tenn Tech when they had a couple of good years.  I remember talking to the head coach that is now at Rice and the RC that is now the head coach and even though they bring in a fair amount of JUco guys they did not want to have more than 35-37 in the fall.  

Vandy, recruits pretty much who they want knowing they will lose a few to the draft.  Last year was an anomaly due to many sr's coming back ... it pushed some freshman out... Vandy is tough place..... I would always try and go to a school where I was going to play as a freshman.  If not your out over your skies and the hill is going to be too hard to climb.  

Last year Vandy had exp. players with young talent. This year the athleticism and talent is very strong.  The top 6 pitchers are 1-2 round guys.  The outfield is very good.   We had 5 or 6 guys that sat the bench that would have started on any team in the SEC last year.   

I will say this , I cannot speak for all the SEC teams, but I have seen a few other teams besides Vandy this fall, and unless I caught them on a bad day, their fall is not likes Vandy's .  VU fall is brutal....  

Last edited by bacdorslider