Skip to main content

Reply to "How many players is too much on Fall Rosters?"

As the OP on this thread,  I wanted to post an update for my 2019 Freshman RHP.

First, I  wanted to thank you all for all the great comments and information that has been provided here as I appreciate all of you.

Fall Ball is now concluded.

This Mid D1 started fall with a roster of 60 then went to 53 for most of the fall games is finally down to 35.

It was a crazy fall for him and us:

With the large roster, The 18 transfers, the life changes, the unknown, the GF drama, the Helicopter Mom visits and the inconsistent  pitching - making the team was very much not a remote certainty.

He has found out that they want him to redshirt. 

Obviously this wasn't the desired outcome and he immediately said is not going to redshirt (and we agree) especially when next years recruiting class looks even larger than this one. 

Overall -He was doing much better this past month-especially after breaking up with the GF a few weeks back(who was providing much unwanted stress and early fall drama).  He is doing very well in school, making a lot of friends , getting bigger and stronger (13 lbs) and the chicks dig him.

He seems to be handling this pretty well despite the initial dissapointment .  He told the coaches to put him on the Portal and we are all in the research to find the right Juco for this spring that will be win/win and facilitate a transfer to another D1 next summer.    At least this is the plan.  Local PC is on board with it and will help. 

so Life's journeys and Baseball Journeys aren't always in a straight line.  It is about overcoming challenges and adversity.  This will be one of those moments for him. 

His Journey is just beginning and I am very proud of him.

Hopefully this will help some HS families here really research,choose wisely , ask good questions when reviewing a potential college situation that will /could greatly impact your son's life.   

Good luck to all out there

Thank you