Skip to main content

Reply to "How Moving The Draft Would Impact College & High School Baseball"

By concentrating the lowest levels of MILB at the spring training complex.

At this complex are better workout facilities (now the players need to head to a standard fitness facility AND pay for it), effective physical instructors (you are on your own now), better trainers (now there are one per team), better nutrition (now it's all you can eat for 25$), more coaches and more specialized coaches, better consistency across the coaches (now PC at one team doesn't really need to be in harmony with all org PCs), easier evaluations by management (now it's one day here, the next at the next MILB level), less travel (which simply sops energy and provides no returns), better tools for improvement (e.g., track man, K-vest, etc.) (For example, bull pens currently are traditional - throw in front of your PC. In the complex, the BP will not only have a PC, but also all the tech.)

All these combine for a more efficient and quicker evaluation of players. (What takes 5 years now, will be less.)

I agree that the fan base will suffer; the lowest Milb level will be unseen by fans. (We spent 6 summers chasing MILB all over the country; went to a few complex games, but they weren't nearly as fun as a hundred MILB stadiums where I could watch my kids do those crazy between innings events!)

Last edited by Goosegg