Skip to main content

Reply to "How much do you pay for pitching lessons?"

I would kindly disagree with Adbono in some aspect.  It is according to who and what they are wanting him to teach.  My son does a great job of teaching younger kids and he has had a waiting list.  He knows good mechanics and relates better with the younger guys than I do.  He pretty much refuses to work with high school guys except his friends who are willing to take advice.  Mine knows his limitations as a teacher but excels in working with beginners up through 12 year olds.  They love it and their parents love the interaction between their kid and as they say a great role model.  I think some of them are paying for the role model and interaction as much as they are the baseball.  He has learned from me and adds a lot of the mental aspect of the game and life lessons with his pitching.  I will admit at times I just sit there and am in awe of how mature he is for a college freshman.  He has stole a lot of dad's verbage and life lessons but that is what we are for.  Mine has also been around one of the game's greatest pitching coaches in Frank Anderson for a year.  Just remind him to know his limitations and to say no.  Mine has some kids he won't work with anymore because of their parents for hitting or pitching.  I told him to put that in his pocket for his future in coaching and recruiting.  It is a lot better way to make money than working in a grocery store.