Skip to main content

Reply to "How much has it changed?"

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Pop up hitter dad
Most American kids are not dedicated enough to really train on their own and have too many other hobbies that interfere with the time needed to qualify for a big program and this especially includes schoolwork.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Originally posted by fanofgame
I think this part of your post is wrong.There are many fine young American ball players that bust thier butts in the classroom, in the weight room and on the field.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

fanofgame, sorry to have offended you, I did paint with a broad brush. I should have said "some" not most. From what you have posted in the past your son is one of the hard workers. I agree kids need downtime, but in college as you said there is little of that. In a month my son is due to hit baseball "boot camp", I can't wait to tell you all how he does.

BOF, thank you for your response, it takes guts to go against the establishment in baseball and thanks to an honest scout to speak the truth.