Skip to main content

Reply to "How much money do you spend for baseball on your child each year?"

I almost hate to add it all up ... but in the end I know that what I'm investing in is memories our family will cherish forever, and a vision that is solely his ... regardless of what level my son is able to ultimately take his game.

The HS program, club tournaments, travel costs, showcases, equipment, hitting/pitching coaches, etc. all add up in a hurry ... but as long as these are activities where he is setting his own goals, driving himself to be his best and strive for a personal vision, then I'm happy to be making that investment in him. Regardless what level he takes his game after HS, I'll know that he's learned what it means to visualize a goal and have the personal drive and commitment to strive day in, day out to achieve it ... that's a life lesson the goes way beyond baseball. I'm not investing in baseball, I'm investing in his passion, and I know that through baseball he's learned how to take personal responsibility for being successful at anything he applies himself to.

If my investment in his baseball "life lesson" accomplishes just that, I'll be very happy. Anything beyond ... potential for college level playing time, scholarships, draft, etc., is all gravy by me ... and just a question of how far he can take it.
Last edited by pbonesteele