Skip to main content

Reply to "How often do girls get in the way?"

The kid committed to a school and in the meantime "fell in love". Man, it was dicey if he would go. As "luck" would have it his GF had allowed him to track her Iphone. He comes into the living room one night, sits down, and says "my GF says she is in her dorm studying but her phone is at a bar". That was the end of that and off to school he goes. Thing is the coaches and him were not a fit. He would have been better off if he had stayed closer to home (like where he is now). Three years of wondering how my son forgot to play baseball, transfer, covid year, TJ year, and this year... a return to his old self. The highlight might have been a barely foul ball at Vanderbilt. Down the left field line that I think went onto the roof of the building behind the stadium (at night, lost the ball in the dark). He had some other moments this year that were cool but none of it matters at this point, that said hearing everyone in the stadium gasp was kind of cool.

So a funny tale, but a cautionary one also. Do your due diligence. Where you send your kid matters, make sure it's a fit. Like look up past players and contact them.

Edit: down the left field line.

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad