Skip to main content

Reply to "How short is too short?"

I am giving you numbers odds and physics and you meet it with opinion.  Think of the circumference of a circle (yes I realize pitching is not a purely circular motion but near the release point it is close enough) the larger the radius the larger the circle.  A point on the outside of the circle travels faster than a point further inside the circle if the circle were rotating.  Same with longer arms.

Originally Posted by younggun:

Okay, since we are all stupid and just can't see the obvious, forget pitchers.  Are you saying that tall people throw harder than short people.  If so, I will certainly challenge that assumption.  I certainly don't have a study to prove my point, but look throughout the history of baseball.  Where would you say the best arms played?  Short and center.  I guarantee you that those positions were not occupied by the tallest players.  Why do you keep bringing in the general population to compare?  We are talking about baseball players, right?  Why do I care what the average height in the general population is?  Where is your scientific study that will prove that the tallest people throw the hardest?  You continue to ask for a study, where is yours?