Skip to main content

Reply to "How to analysis Roster Turnover 101"

@mjd-dad posted:

I also have a 2024 and share the sentaments offered by BaseballMOM05.  My son has been having arranged calls with recruiting coaches for the past 18 months.  Yanking kids around appears to be normal behavior in the today's recruting process (new or not - I do not know).  The current system dymnamics force young teenage boys to grow up fast (and become salty and cynical before being old enough to drive a car, much less drink a beer legally).  My son sees a good amount of the Twitter traffic on this subject, along with the private chats he has with his 2023/24 peer group ... I think he is losing trust in adults through it all.

As a parent, I am now encouraging my son to delay his commitment decision timeline until both he and the college baseball coaches have a common, shared and accurate view of his projectability (with reasonable confidence).  Only then will the fit be obvious without overreaching too high of a competition level or without fealing like he has settled on something he is not excited about.  I'm just happy that he can see the recent MLB draft demographics trends for his primary position (LHP) ... 80% drafted LHP/RHP are from 4 Yr Colleges.  2 1/2  years ago, adults were feeding my son the "get drafted out of HS" line ... not exactly what the 40 yr mindset parents want to hear.

With regards to roster turnover analysis, I ty to avoid it; I will brute force my way through school-specific PG/PBR commitment history and college roster history when my son mentions the phrase "just got an offer"  I suspect I'll be getting my CBI subscription on Sep 1 ... I hear CBI offers great customer support :-)

I hope this recruiiting madness comes to end for my son (and me) within the next 12 monts.

PS: sure feel bad for the 21s, 22s, and 23s ... they are much worse off than my kid.

Use the KISS Method when doing your research,

As for PG/PGR/etc,  the verbal commits serve 1 purpose, taking you off the market.

IMHO,  the NLI for a students grad class is more concrete, a contract with school and MLB Draft leverage

Its blind spot is transfer portal and JUCO Pipeline (check out the growth)

CBI is self maintaining.  The insights are WYSIWYG.  Your imagination concerning the question you might want to answered. System is up 99.99%

Depending on the level college roster data has some serious challenges.