Skip to main content

Reply to "How to deal with son deciding not to pursue college baseball"

Coyote: Thanks for sharing. Great post! 2019 just recently committed to play D1 and we are thrilled to have that process covered or so we hope! But we now have 3 seasons of high school baseball to get through before the day and all the things covered in your post make me concerned! At the moment son is a great kid with good grades good friends and an amazing passion for the game, but lots of potential pitfalls ahead, the one I fear most is the girls!lol So far no problems there, but he's a 6'2" goodlookin kid so I'm sure when he starts driving in 5 months all that is subject to change. It's great your son is locked in on a career path beyond baseball....at 15 mine is still struggling to figure that one out. As we start down the road towards college ball I have given thoughts to the day when this is all over, and I'm sure it will be really tough. Good luck to you and your son, sounds like he is headed for a great life! I still feel like when I look back on my athletic life I could've gone farther but didn't have the help and support to take me there so I try to give that to my son so he doesn't have regrets like me....sounds like you've done that for your son too!