Skip to main content

Reply to "How to decide?"

joes87 posted:

Can I suggest something I do at work while trying to make a decision (I sometimes have to make multimillion dollar decisions that can affect the direction of my company). Put together a list of categories of decision making criteria. Things such as “school location”, “liking the head coach”, “possibility of playing time”, “campus life”, etc.  

once you the develope the categories rank them and assign a weight to them. For instance if liking the head coach is important then give it a weight of 5. If campus life is impotent also give it a 5. If distance from home is not important give it a 1. If cost is only a minor factor give it a 3. 

Now without trying to influence the grading go through and grade each school for each category on a 1 to 3 scale. 

Take the category weight and multiply it by the score for each school. Add up the weighted scores for each school and hopefully one or two of them will stand out from the rest. 

I must apologize for the choppy nature and grammar in this post.  I typed it up on my iPad while doing some other work.