Skip to main content

Reply to "How to get on the radar of schools from October - March?"

Just as an FYI, D1 baseball is now in the Quiet Period (10/14/19)- (2/29/20).  That essentially means no off campus contact.  Coaches are spending that time working on player skills, fall ball, winter camp and then after the first, spring practice and getting ready for season.

So if you attend any events,  there will be no D1 college coaches to watch.

I think it's early for most 2022 recruits. I would use this time to continue working on conditioning, hitting and catching skills. Preparing for standarized tests as well. Use this time to begin searching for the RIGHT program based on skills, academics, geography, ability to afford that institution and degree. Don't forget going to college does not mean majoring in baseball!  Send emails out to the recruiting coaches of schools he is interested in. More than likely you might just get an invite to their camp, which isn't always a bad thing, however I suggest prospect camps as they are usually smaller in number, depending on the program, coaches are looking to fill  their roster. And, make plans for hooking up with a reputable travel program for next summer. 

My advice is to concentrate on what I stated above, and NOT how many 2022s have already committed. 

Good luck.