Skip to main content

Reply to "How to pick a travel team for college recruiting"

SBD

Thanks for confirming the points RJM and I made about hitters.

This thread is about HS recruiting; the thread was not about playing time at the college level (though it's pretty clear your son had a lot of successful playing time at an extremely high collegiate level.)

It's clear your son was a very successful hitter at the college level - and I assume he didn't first learn that skill in college. My bet is he was an absolute hitting machine during his HS recruiting phase. And, as you pointed out he led his Vandy team in BA - an incredible achievement!

Now, start a thread about who plays in certain situations at the college level; it will probably bring up some interesting view points and anecdotes.

(I'll note that college coaches have many reasons for their game strategies and each is a bit different; but college coaches aren't employing college game strategies during recruiting. College coaches during recruiting are looking for hitters.)

I don't know the reasons behind what happened to your son; but those reasons are not relevant to HS recruiting  (except perhaps as a forward look to what game strategies a particular coach may employ years later.)

Last edited by Goosegg