Skip to main content

Reply to "How to Prep for 142 Game Season"

I feel there's been some good suggestions here and that Heads up Baseball by Ken Ravizza is an excellent read.  But, to get ready mentally in the off season it seems best to divert one's mind and let it rest concerning what one needs to do during the season.  Diversions are good in the off season.  

More pointedly, what can really help in the off season is when one starts their conditioning training with goals of getting into the best physical shape they can.  If you're not in great physical shape during the season, the grind can wear you down and affect your mental side a lot.  The longer a player can stay fit during the season, the more they can handle the stress.  This was one of the big factors that my son figured out after the first season, as he really struggles through his first year of pro ball as he got pretty tired physically when really did affect his mental side.

Now my son has found a place that does a great job of training.  It is one that does a lot of work with the highest level of pro athletes.  It is somewhat pricey, but son feels it is well worth it.  He says it's best if one doesn't try to skimp on training in the off season.

Here's a web site for that kind of training:   http://www.pmr-performance.com/