Skip to main content

Reply to "How to Prep for 142 Game Season"

joemktg posted:

I'm fairly certain Joe is properly preparing for the physical stresses from next year's 142 game season, but it's the mental grind where he/we may be short.

Can anyone point to resources that will help prep for the mental grind (besides meditation)?

Every player is different. He has had a taste now with Rookie Ball so he will be fine going in. I think one thing that is critical, not so much for off season Prep, but for regular season grind is this: Do not be afraid to give your body a break when you need it. He will slump & want to go take 500 hacks in the cage & this can often compound the problem. He will need to find his own routine & rhythm. Talk to veteran guys. Ask his coaching resources how they did it & the mistakes they made. What would they have done different? These are guys with tons of Big League experience & a wealth of knowledge. Try some different approaches & when something clicks, ride that wave as long as it carries you. Make adjustments & stay positive. Forget about the #s & focus on approach. I am pulling for him.

Regards, Steve A.