Skip to main content

Reply to "How to recover as a Catcher (sore knees)"

You only have two and once damaged, they'll never be the same.  I'd sit back and review what you are trying to accomplish and talk to both coaches about your seven day a week program.  I would not think either coach is going to want you to overwork you self to a point where you become no use to either. If your knees are bothering you now, something else is not far behind.   You're knees are telling you that you are doing too much and or your have some issue in your mechanics for squatting (poor range of motion in some body part required to squat properly - your body will compensate elsewhere to allow you to squat, but incorrectly and added strain will be in the wrong body part).  I'd also have someone that knows what they are doing check your form while lifting and catching.   Take care of your body. Load up on amino acids, steak, sleep, range of motion stretching, and light swimming.  Light swimming will help you relax  or sit in a cool (body temp) Jacuzzi instead.  And while your in the ice tub, study so you get good grades.