Skip to main content

Reply to "How to see top level competition without the showcases?"

BBMomAZ posted:

I agree with Cabbagedad and would look at it as a two-pronged approach: 1) play high level travel ball (if financially feasible) so that he can face strong competition, continue to develop, and work with coaches who may have good contacts with colleges; 2) attend on-campus prospect camps individually at the schools that he is most interested in attending.  

Btw, registration is already available for the Junior Fall Classic Academic Game Try-outs: https://azfallclassic.com/junior-all-academic-game/. I highly recommend this event and, ideally, your son would find a team to play with in the tournament as well. Good luck!

FolsomBallDad -  Agree with BBMomAZ that it is probably in your best interest to take a dual pronged strategy or a modified strategy depending on the interest level your son experiences at this point.  This is what my son did, and I know many others took a similar approach to figure out where it made sense academically based on his major, and athletically.  My did attend a couple high academic showcases and camps in addition to numerous PG events.   It wasn't one event, it was a combination of all of it that led to interest, serious interest then offers.