Skip to main content

Reply to "How to stay back on the ball"

bdt, no matter how a hitter moves his body to swing a bat, and by that I mean what some call rotational or linear if you will, I like to refer to it as level of efficiency, their sense of timing still comes from their brain.....The brain says, "stride now".....You, as an instructor, cannot change or alter "what" his brain tells him to do.....Or, how it tells him "when" to do it.....The "what" and "when" will change with his level of swing efficiency, but, it cannot and must not be tampered with, or altered, in any way by a thinking process......What I am saying is, you should never attempt to teach timing to a hitter......If you try to do so, you will invariably, at best retard the learning process and at worst, eliminate it altogether.....

How this hitter strides is not the solution to his problem.....When he strides is the solution....Or, more to the point, when he begins weight shift....You cannot teach him when to do this.....It's a brain event.....And, the brain is fed by the eyes.....Get the eyes working better.....

Producing power with the core, most don't know where the core is, is a body movement issue.....When and how far to stride is an eye-brain issue.....One you can teach and the other you can't.....