Skip to main content

Reply to "How to tell coach/trainer im not playing for his team"

This thread is a great example of why providing too much information can lead you astray. The OP wants to provide lots and lots of context to help the board understand the background, when in fact there is no way an internet message board can understand the complexity of a long-term interaction between humans, and thus a bunch of assumptions get made and things go sideways fairly quickly. He's an edited version of the original post that might have worked better:

I've been training with the coach of our legion team since my sophomore year and played with him the past two years. I'm looking to play for a college prep team in my area that one of my teammates played with last year instead of with this legion team, much better competition and a better schedule. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can tell him im not playing for them this year? I don't want it to end up turning into a thing that effects my status of training with him but really do not want to play legion again this year. Thank you for any feedback.

Ah, live and learn. I hope we didn't chase him away.