Skip to main content

Reply to "How to wear the cap."

First off, I would like to address the hat issue from a college perspective. Under no circumstances would my coach ever let us where a hat to the side, backwards, or ever a bit cockeyed to one side or the other. The game of baseball, like documented in many movies, is about honor, respect, the thought of the greats that played in the past. Would you ever see Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Nolan Ryan, or any other player for that matter ever turn there hat to the side for any reason? I see it more of a fashion statement. I heard one poster say, "I think it's cool that the kid from Long Beach has a fro and cocks his hat to one side." How is that cool? The fro doesn't make you **** your hat to one side or the other. One of the greatest baseball players, EVER, in Ozzie Smith started his career with a fro and I never, not once, saw his hat cocked to one side or the other, not even if the sun is in his eyes. They make sunglasses for that sort of thing.

I really find it disturbing that some people can actually agree with wearing the hat to one side. I ecspecially hate it done in the college and high school ranks. Other than certain individuals (not going to mention names because they aren't worth me mentioning) in the big leagues, 99% wear their hat the way it is supposed to be worn, letters/logo straight. Be proud of those that played the game before you and that will play after you. So many people these days, including myself, wear hats in so many different styles. By no means am I saying that it is wrong, but when you step into that dugout where so many baseball icons have laced up and played there heart out, show them some respect. Wear the uniform the way it's supposed to be worn. Be proud of the fact that you are playing the best sport ever. Respect yourself, your family/friends, your coaches, your teammates, your oppponent, and lastly those that played before and after you.

From the beaches.... clap

baseball4life23