Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

quote:
The point I'm making is the vast majority of players that make it, can not point to anything but their own trial and error process that got them there. What got them there was learned on their own, and with most cases their dad. Again, vast majority.

Let me get this straight players have reached their goals by their own trial and error and not by no coach's helping hand. Well, I guess that puts you into the same category as the rest of us. Because if the vast number of players reach these goals without our help, then the vast number you have coached have reached their goals without your help. So basically, your belief and coaching ability is no better than the rest of ours especially if players reach their goals without any help except for dad.

quote:
The things most coaches provide is opportunities to play. Which is very valuable. What they don't provide because they refuse to study is "skill" knowledge, in particular "hitting skill knowledge". But they really like the accolades when they live in a community that have kids who work there butts off, trial and error, with dad, and then play at their school. Now, they like to say "look at me!! Look what "I" can do." ""I" can put him in the 1 hole, him in the 2 hole, him in the 3 hole etc, he can pitch, he can field and....oh my god....look what "I" can do." Right B25? Well, only about 95 out of a 100 can look at 20 players and pick the best 9.....What really are you doing?

Please dont paint the kettle black, cause you stated in a post the other day that only good players can comprehend what you teach. So basically, you are syaing you only take advanced players that already have a good foundation and tweak it here and there and then proclaim you are an expert, which is no different then what you just stated. Anyone can do that with a little reading about Epstein's system. So what are you really doing?

quote:
And, it's these obstacles that cause the "baseball track record" to be so bad. Plain and simple, bad coaching.

Maybe, it is just because kids here in the United States have more to choose from than the other countries. I am sorry that you are angry at the system of coaching because you weren't given a shot to go further. I was blacked-balled by my high school coach cause I wasn't a good ole boy but I admire all coaches and teachers because they are the back bone of our future leaders along with some good parental support and love.

quote:
Ever have an original thought? You remind me of the "hit me" guy in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.

Have you ever had an orginial thought yourself?

You are always blasting on Coach Butler and I think it is jealousy. Why? because he is successful at getting players to the next level and you just take advanced players and tweak their mechanics and they give you no accolades for their progress. You may not won't them to tell you thank you and you may say you don't do it for that but deep inside everyone wants the acknowledgement of helping others reach their goals

Scooter