Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

...and now back to the topic. Swingbuster, your question is intriguing. Remember when Lau was the rage? He had a lot of success. Then others came in and changed a portion of that theory, created new terms and they were the rage. Why? IT SELLS!!! That as simple as I can say it! No I don't agree with all that Charlie Lau taught. I do respect the man and his accomplishments. So, what do you do? This isn't really about Linear/Teacherman/Ozzir/Rshard/... it's really about finding that style that you're convinced is correct then testing that to see if it really is what you believe. Then, it is defining that to your team or program. You have to do that by including those drills that you value and discarding those that you don't. Now, you test that and discussing hitting with others who's values you respect. Believe me, you will then find some flaws in what you knew to be the truth. Refine those some more and then teach what you know. Once you have done all of this, tell yourself that you will always be the student and not the expert but you impart your knowledge on your players. We can have a 1,000 opinions on who's right and wrong here. However, the proof is in the success of those kids you coach and the knowledge that you did your best!
Last edited by CoachB25