Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

Swingbuster, Itsinthegame, I think we all think very much alike when it comes to hitting. Linear wants to promote load ... All good and well. I agree to a large extent. Then he wants to exclude hands and arms. Easy for him, he doesn't have that product he has to produce in the end which is a successful program. Does a typical team get one or two athletes that would naturally do as Linear (...) wants regardless of whether you discuss hands? Sure! However, you have to put 6,7,8,& 9 out there. Getting them to be productive simpy isn't that easy. Top hand and bottom hand work has to be initiated to get them repetitions of what needs to be done to shorten their swings, have a better swing path and to understand simply getting the bat to the ball. Linear, since he constantly and consistently states that he doesn't (teach) anything regarding the hands then denies the benefits of these drills.

To get off subject but to put my 2 cents in on one other issue. I've had several communications with Bluedog. While he agrees with Linear consistently (as I often do), I firmly believe he is actually in the coaching profession. I think many dispute that. As we all know, you don't have to be in the coaching profession to know more about baseball than a coach but knowing and doing are two different things and when some one is actively doing then they see our arguments from a different perspective. JMHO!
Last edited by CoachB25