Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

quote:
Originally posted by CoachB25:
... Does a typical team get one or two athletes that would naturally do as Linear (...) wants regardless of whether you discuss hands? Sure! However, you have to put 6,7,8,& 9 out there. Getting them to be productive simpy isn't that easy. Top hand and bottom hand work has to be initiated to get them repetitions of what needs to be done to shorten their swings, have a better swing path and to understand simply getting the bat to the ball.

Not only do I deny the benefits of top hand and bottom hand drills, you are an obstructionist, IMHO, by taking those who will be your #6, #7, #8 and #9 hitters and teach them the "benefits of the hands".

What they need MORE than anyone is an understanding of the center, carrying it forward, loading and unloading. AND, it is much easier to teach with a much quicker "learn time" than any and all the hand drills you teach.

It is a fact, plain and simple, whether you or any other 1st rungers agree, that the only map to better swing quickness comes from the center. NOT THE HANDS. And better swing quickness is the "fix" for #6, #7, #8 and #9.

Go ahead, build your hand strength. I've never said strong hands don't help. I did say strong hands have nothing to do with the execution of a high level swing against high level pitching.
Last edited by Linear