Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

The slash "/" is just a keyboard identifier or extra I invented accidently for use on discussion boards which represents the bat of a LHH in proper position when hands are cocked during the uncoiling of the rotational process.

Should never be less than 70 degrees or bat will be too flat and could be considered wrapping. Think of right arm of LHH in setup. Consider the right arm as bottom line segment of an acute angle seen here /_ You will have to close the corner of /_ to complete acute angle because keyboard won't do so. The top line segment or / should never lean farther down or below 70 degrees in LHH setup or hitter will be considered wrapping bat. IMHO and many others, as well. There are however, exceptions.

It is interesting thinking about what you pointed out last night about stride not being considered lunge. The way you splained it makes perfect sense. The Babe did take a very long stride though but his picture is still by my bed every night and the last thing I look at before I close my eyes.

The one most important conclusion I have drawn many years ago is that every hitter has his own distinct style and approach as a hitter and each individual will have a different unique evaluation. Prognosis will be different for every hitter. Some better than others. LOL

Shep
Last edited by Shepster