Skip to main content

Reply to "How will you teach hitting?"

quote:
Originally posted by swingbuster:

Why did you not acknowledge that even when I said it over and over...I don't think you thought it was part of the loading process.

THat was my WHOLE POINT FOR A MONTH...

Very simple. It was never the issue. The issue is how you describe the hands. It plain and simple doesn't work that way.

Bonds, my favorite, tips his bat. Pujols, another favorite, tips his bat. In fact, I posted Pujols and said I saw no arm action. Never said anything about the bat tip because it was never in question. How the bat tips is the question.

You accused me of never acknlowledging the bat tip before. I quoted myself saying of course it does/can....that it is an "advance" move, not done with the hand and it is an add on.

All that being said, many mlb hitters do not tip the bat. Therefore, it is not an absolute like you claim. It is an add on after they learn to rotate from their center. It has nothing to do with helping them load/unload their center.

A good scap load, like Pujols for example, can do the bat tip thing. It is not done with the bottom hand working under the top hand.

Tipping was never the issue.

Your analysis of how it happens is deeply flawed.
Last edited by Linear